Call Central is used as a query tool for managing current service jobs based upon established criteria.
Call Central is divided into two different sections(as show above).
- Selection Criteria: The Top portion of Call Central is the selection criteria. Changes may be made to the selection criteria from this location for one time use; however the changes that are made will not replace the permanent setting of the display screen accessed through the maintenance function.
- Results List Box: The Bottom portion of the call central lists job that result from the defined query.
Display Options allows users to set the criteria for how jobs are displayed in Call Central. The Default Display is going to be the least customized. You can create and customize your display from the options in the Display Options drop down.
Create a New Job
The Create a New Job section allows you to open the Add a Job window to create a new service job once you have selected the Site the job is to be performed at. See the Jobs page for more details on adding a new job.
Global ETA Change
Changes all service jobs with open dispatch cards to the date selected. Enter your user password and click the Save button to make the global ETA change.
Select to manage the appearance and search parameters of the forms that appear in Call Central. A detailed description of the Maintenance features can be found below.
This allows users to Edit forms, set a Form as the default, or set a form to private.
Filter management allows users to set limiting factors for which service jobs will be displayed in Call Central. Fields that filters can be set from the Select Filter drop down are: Chains, Customer, Priority, Salesperson, Servicer, Service Type, Status Code, and Job Type. If a category contains 1 or more values, the returned service jobs will be filtered to match that criteria. If a category is blank, then it will apply no filter to that category and will have no effect on which records are selected for display.
To add a Filter, select one of the categories from the drop down. Click the Not Assigned button to see what filters are available for the category you chose. Click Add to add the filter to your search criteria. An example can be seen below. In this example, the user wants to display service jobs categorized as Emergency. The user will select Priority as the Filter Option, click Not Assigned, and click Add next to Code E - Emergency.
To remove a filter, click Remove next to the filter you no longer need. This will move the filter from Assigned to Not Assigned and the filter will no longer affect the displayed results in Call Central.
The color display feature allows a user to assign colors to jobs that are either past due or are due within designated specific time frame to make them more easily identified. A color code can also be assigned to a specific status code,job type, or priority.
Please see the following table an explanation of the data entry fields.
- Select Color Option: This drop down allows users to select what they are assigning a color code to.
- Status Code: This field will be affected by what the user is assigning a color code to. If using Due Within, you will need to fill in the Hours and Minutes. Example: A status code of New and it is due within 1 hour will use Due Within for the Select Color field, New for the Status Codes field, and 1 for the Hours field.
- Highlight Color: This drop-list sets the color of the background highlight for the selected code.
- Text Color: This drop-list sets the color of the text for the selected code.
- Save: Select the Save button to save the status and color code criteria.
The Form Maintenance section allows the user to select specific data fields within a data source. The fields selected are used to build the columns that are viewed within the Call Central Display.
Click the Display Options drop down, select the Form Management option, and select the Maintenance button to access the Call Central Form Maintenance screen.
Please see the following list for an explanation of the data entry fields.
- Data Source: From this drop-list, select a data source. The data source determines which fields are presented in the Available Fields box. The following Data Sources are available - Sites, Jobs, Equipment, Agreements, BOT Agreements, Work Orders, Dispatch Card, Customer.
- Fields: This area lists all available fields based on the selected Data Source that can be used to build the form. To add a field to the form, select the field and click the Save button. This will move the field to the Selected section of the Form Maintenance screen.
- Selected: This area provides a list of all of the fields that have been added to the form.
- Width: This field automatically populates once a column is selected. Once selected the width of the column can be changed. Columns widths can be altered from within Call Central by clicking Edit next to the Field Name; however the form will always default back to this setting each time the form is opened.
- Justification: The field automatically populates once a column is selected. The justification determines how the field values appear in the form. Once selected the justification can be changed to Left, Right, or Center.
- Move a Column Down: Click the Move Down button to move a selected column down one level, which moves the field right in the form grid.
- Move a Column Up: Click the Move Up button to move a selected column up one level, which moves the field left in the form grid.
- Remove: Click the Remove button to remove a field from the form grid layout.
- Save: Select the Save button to save the changes that have been made to the selected column information.
The selection criteria is where users will use when they search for service jobs or dispatch cards within Call Central. Selection Criteria are as follows:
- Select: This will determine how far back or forward the user wants to search for service jobs within Call Central. Selection ranges from Next 30 Days to All Time, with other options between those two values.
- Choose Display: Will automatically set to Default. If a user created additional displays in the Display Options, the user can choose one of their personalized displays.
- Receive Date Greater Than: This will allow users to limit how far back jobs displayed were received by. To select a specific date, either type the date in MM/DD/YYYY format or open the calendar to manually select the date.
Once all of the selection criteria has been set, click the Start button. This will bring up all of the jobs that meet the users query in the Results Display portion of Call Central.
All of the results that match your selection and display criteria will be displayed here. Users can select individual jobs to edit the dispatch details of the job.
Results Menu Bar
- Job: Use this tab to open the selected job. Please refer to Jobs for additional information.
- Transaction: Select this tab icon to view all transactions posted to the service job.
- Site: Use this tab to open the site for the selected job. Please refer to Sites for additional information.
- Agreement: Use this tab to open the agreements attached to the selected job. Please refer to Agreements for additional information.
- Equipment: Use this tab to open the equipment attached to the selected job. Please refer to Equipment for additional information.
- History: Select the History tab to view a complete history of service jobs assigned to the service site.
- Map: Select the Map tab to view a Google map tied to the service site. A blank screen appears if a map has not been saved.
- Dispatch Card: Select the Dispatch Card tab to add/edit the information on the dispatch card and to add multiple service technicians to a service job.
- Shift Schd (Schedule): Use this tab to open the Schedule Out Task screen, where users can reassign the schedule date for the selected job. On Save this feature will move all the records that are displayed on the board to the chosen date. This action cannot be reversed!
- ETA: Changes all service jobs with open dispatch cards to the date selected.
- Mail To: Allows the user to send the job via email to the servicer. Email types available are Job Emailing, Completed Job, Service Ticket, and Dispatch Card. Please refer to Jobs for additional information.
- Timer: The Timer button is used to automatically record the start and stop times for service activities. The system will use the default L1 labor code assigned to the service site; however the labor code can be changed. Think of the Timer button as a button on a stopwatch. When the user presses it, it starts, when the user presses it again, it stops. The Timer button on the Dispatch Board is the same way, except the stopwatch is associated with a particular technician. All times are displayed in 4-digit, 24-hour format (military time). To use this feature follow the instructions below:
- Select an existing job from within Call Central.
- Click on the Timer button. This automatically enters a time in the Start time box on the Job.
- When a timer is activated for a service job, the Timer button changes text to read Timer Running until the ending transaction is completed.
- To stop the timer, click the Timer button. This will automatically record the end time and the total hours lapsed (Rec'd Qty) for the service activity.