Click Customer from the Search drop-down to view customers accounts receivable accounts.
When you open up the Customer Search function, you are presented with the screen below.
The search function is divided into two sections: the Search Criteria and the Search Results.
The Search Criteria is where you input the data to be used to find the accounts receivable account associated with a specific customer. The search criteria data fields are described below. Once the data field or fields have been filled in, hit the Find button to populate all customer accounts that meet the search criteria in the Search Results window.
- Active: If the customer is a current customer you do business with regularly, make sure the Active status box is checked.
- Rows Displayed: Determines how many customer accounts will be displayed in the search results.
- Customer Name: The business name that the customer account is listed under.
- Customer Code: The specific code associated assigned to the customer. Can be a mix of letters and numbers.
- City: The city the customer is located in.
- State: The state the customer is located in.
- Zip: The five digit Zip Code in the account's address.
- Primary Billing Contact: The name of the primary account holder.
- Telephone: The telephone number of the account holder.
- Sales Person: The name of the sales person on your staff associated with the customer.
- Account Manager: The name of the account manager associated with the customer.
If the search criteria did not give you the customer account you were looking for or you need to start a new search, click the reset button to remove the previous search's criteria to start fresh.
This is the window where the customer accounts that fit the search criteria will be displayed. This window also allows you to edit the customer account and view the sites and invoices associated with the customer. You can see how the results will be displayed below.
Each field is given its own column. You can sort each field in ascending or descending order by clicking the Up or Down arrows next to each column header. The data fields shown are described below.
- Customer Code: The customer code assigned to the customer account.
- Customer Name: The customer name associated with the customer account.
- Address: The street address or PO Box associated with the customer account.
- City: The city the account is physically located in.
- State: The state the account is physically located in.
- Zip: The zip code for the customer address.
- Phone: The phone number associated with the customer account.
- Fax: The fax number associated with the customer account.
- Salesperson: The sales representative assigned to the customer account.
- Account Manager: The account manager assigned to the customer account.
- Primary Billing Contact: The name of the person who is the primary contact for the account.
- Division: The code assigned to the account.
Once you have found the account you were searching for in your search results, click the account to bring up the Edit, Sites, and Invoices tabs.
- Edit Tab: Allows you to edit select customer account information. Information you can edit includes Account Manager and social media links. You may also search for or add Tasks, Contacts, Notes, Documents, Invoices, and Agreements to the selected customer.
- Sites Tab: Allows you to search for, view, and edit the individual sites associated with the customer account.
- Invoices Tab: Allows you to search for and view the individual invoices associated with the customer account.
Adding a Customer Account
Customer accounts are linked to your ERP system. They are imported from your ERP system into the SVCONTHEGO platform. As a result, to add a new customer accounts receivable to the SVCONTHEGO database, you will have to add it per your ERP systems requirements and import it into SVCONTHEGO. Import instructions can be found in the Setup section of this manual.