Prior to searching for Agreements, make sure that Agreement Types and Allocations have been created in the Setup area. Please visit the Agreement Setup section of the Setup page for more details on creating Agreement Types and Allocations.
Access the Agreement Search by selecting the Search option from the Agreements menu. In the first window presented, labeled Agreement Search, the user will enter the search criteria. The search criteria fields will be explained below. Not every criteria field needs to be filled in to run an Agreement Search. The amount of information input will determine how general or specific the Agreement Search results presented are.
- Customer Name: The business name that the customer agreement(s) is associated with.
- Site Name: The name of the site the agreement(s) is associated with.
- Equipment: Use this field to enter an equipment name, code, or number to search for agreement(s) associated with that equipment.
- Agreement Type: Presents a list of Agreement Types to choose from from the Agreement Types added during Agreement Setup.
- Status Code: The current status of the agreement(s) the user is searching for. Can be - Blank, Active, Cancelled, Closed, In Renewal, Renewal, or Renewed.
- Agreement No (Number): Enter an agreement number.
- Search By: Allows the user to setup a Date filter. Date filter choices include - All Dates, By Expiration Date, By Established Date, or By Start Date. Once a Date filter has been selected, the user will then select a date range to search for by using the From Date and To Date fields.
- From Date: Sets the starting date the system will use to search for agreements from. Any agreement created prior to the From Date will be excluded from the search.
- To Date: Sets the cut-off date the system will use to search for agreements from. Any agreement created after to the To Date will be excluded from the search.
Once the search criteria has been input and the user has double-checked to ensure the criteria is set the way they want, the user will click the Find button to begin the Agreement Search. All agreements that fit the given search criteria will be displayed in the Agreements window.
This section of the Agreement Search/Edit feature will display two options. The first option is the Search Results and the second option will be to Add a new agreement.
The Results tab will be where all of the Agreements that met the search criteria will be displayed for the user to view and/or edit. Results will be displayed by rows and can be sorted by the following information:
- Number: The Agreement number specific to the Agreement.
- Description: Describes the specific Agreement.
- Start Date: The date the Agreement started/took effect.
- End Date: The date the Agreement ends.
- Site Name: The name of the site associated with the specific Agreement.
- EQ (Equipment) Code: The code for the equipment the Agreement covers.
- Customer: The name of the customer the Agreement is with. Can be different than the Site Name.
To select an Agreement to view and/or edit, the user will hover their mouse over the row the Agreement is in. The row background will change colors to let the user know exactly which Agreement they are selecting. Clicking the Select link will display the selected Agreement. Clicking the Edit link will allow the user to make edits to the Agreement. Once the edits have been completed, the user will click the Save button to finalize the edits and return to the Results screen.
Access the Add Agreements feature by Clicking the Add tab next to the Results tab. No search criteria needs to be entered into the Agreement Search feature to access the Add Agreements feature.
Upon entering the Add Agreements feature, the user will be presented with two data fields that they can enter information into to find the customer they want to add an Agreement for. The first field is the Customer Code, which is the identification code that was created when the customer was added. The second field is the Customer Name, which is the business name that was entered when the customer was added. Users do not have to enter either the Customer Code or Customer Name prior to clicking the Find button. It will however make searching for a specific customer easier if they do.
Once the search criteria, if any, has been entered, the user will click the Find button to bring up a list of Customers that fit the search criteria. These customer results can then be sorted in ascending or descending order by clicking the column headings. Those headings are:
- Division No (Number
- Customer Code
- Customer Name
- Zip (Postal Code)
Hover over the rows with the mouse. The background color of the row the customer is in will change when the mouse is hovering over the Customer. When the user has found the Customer that needs to have an Agreement added to, they will click the Select link to open the Add Agreement wizard.