Select the Equipment tab to view the equipment that is assigned to a service site. Equipment can be assigned to a Service Jobs providing the information necessary for warranty tracking and profitability reporting.
Equipment Records typically exist for the following reasons:
- Your company installed the equipment and needs to track warranty information
- Your company services the equipment as part of a service agreement
Adding Equipment Records
To add equipment to Sites, search for the Site you need to add the equipment to and click on the Equipment tab. Once selected, the following screen is presented:
Click on the "More" drop-down and click the "Add Equipment" option. This will open up the "Add Equipment" window.
Complete the two columns of data fields.
The data fields in the left column of the "Add Equipment" window are where you will input data specific to the individual piece of equipment. These fields are:
- Site - This will be automatically filled in.
- Item - Enter an inventory item code for the equipment item or enter an asterisk (*) and a unique code for non-inventory parts users wish to track. This field will automatically populate with the item number if equipment built is activated for the item number being invoiced. This entry is supported by a "Search" button to the inventory item master file.
- Equipment Type - Enter an identification code for the piece of equipment. It is important, for sorting purposes in the reporting and planned maintenance systems, that equipment types be standardized. make sure your coding structure will support the automatic sequencing of equipment types if the equipment build system is used to auto-generate equipment records. Examples of Equipment Types: Rooftop Units = RFT01; Furnace = FRN01; Water Heater = WHT01; Personal Computer = PC012
- Description - Enter a more detailed description of the piece of equipment.
- Serial Number - Enter the serial number for the piece of equipment. The serial number will automatically populate if equipment build is activated for the invoiced inventory item and the item is serialized.
- Manufacturer - Enter the name of the manufacturer of the piece of equipment or use the drop-down to select an existing manufacturer.
- Model - Enter the three-character model code for the piece of equipment or use the drop-down to select an existing model code. The model number will automatically populate if setup in the equipment default. Refer to Setup for more information on setting up model and level codes.
- Level - Enter the three-character level code for the piece of equipment or use the drop-down to select an existing level code. The level number will automatically populate if setup in the equipment default. Refer to Setup for more information on setting up model and level codes.
- Comment - Use this field to enter comment information about the equipment record.
- Sale Date - Enter the sale date on which this piece of equipment was sold (if available).
- Position/Location - Enter the position or location of the piece of equipment or use the drop-down to select an existing position or location. This will make it easier to find the piece of equipment if it is in a remote location.
If the equipment is not currently covered by an Agreement, click Save to add the equipment record. If an agreement is added later, see the Sites and Agreements portion of this manual to learn how to add an Agreement.
If the piece of equipment is covered by a service agreement, enter the agreement code in the Agreement field or use the drop-down to select an existing agreement code. Once an agreement code has been added, fill in or update the following data fields:
- Coverage Date - Enter the date the piece of equipment was added to the agreement.
- Parts Covered - Check this box if a parts warranty is part of the service agreement.
- Parts Warranty Start - Enter the parts warranty start date. The warranty date will automatically populate with the invoice date if using the automatic build feature.
- Parts Warranty End - The warranty date defaults to twelve (12) months away from the Parts Warranty Start date.
- Labor Covered - Check this box if a labor warranty is part of the service agreement.
- Labor Warranty Start - Enter the labor warranty start date. The warranty date will automatically populate with the invoice date if using the automatic build feature.
- Labor Warranty End - The warranty date defaults to twelve (12) months away from the Labor Warranty Start date.
- Install Date - Enter the installation date of the equipment.
Once you have entered all the data you have available for the piece of equipment, click save to add the Equipment Record.
Viewing and Updating Equipment Records
Search for the equipment record you want to update by opening the Equipment Search window from either the Search drop-down or the Equipment drop-down at the top of your SVCONTHEGO screen. You can search for equipment records using these search criteria:
- Equipment Code
- Equipment Description
- Model Name
- Serial Number
- Site Name
Once you have found the equipment record you want to update, click the "Select" link to open the equipment record. You will see a screen that looks like this:
If you need to update something in the main equipment record, click in the field you need to update, change the data as necessary, and click save.
The clickable tabs at the bottom of the equipment record will allow you to dive deeper into the specifics of the piece of equipment. These tabs are labeled Agreements, Components, Materials, Relocation, Documents, Allocations, Job History, and Invoices.
Click on the Agreements tab to generate a list of agreements that are associated the particular piece of equipment. Agreements can be sorted by:
- Agreement Number - The numerical code assigned to the agreement.
- Agreement Type - The type of agreement in place.
- Begin Date - The date the agreement began.
- End Date - The date the agreement ends or ended.
- Status - The current status of the agreement. Common statuses are Active, Expired, and Paused/On-Hold.
- Parts - Does the agreement cover parts? Displayed as Yes or No.
- Labor - Does the agreement cover labor? Displayed as Yes or Now
Highlight the agreement you want to view the details for and click "Select" to open the Agreement Data.
This section is used to establish a list of components that are a part of the piece of equipment specified by the equipment record. Components can have their own serial numbers and installation dates. The Equipment Component screen is shown below.
Clicking the Components drop-down will allow users to specify components for the selected equipment from all the individual pieces of equipment associated with the Site. Select the equipment code associated with the component part from the list and click the "Add" button. Repeat as necessary until all component parts are added to the equipment record. Once one or more components has been added to a selected piece of equipment, that piece of equipment becomes classified as "parent equipment" and will not appear in the Components drop-down.
Any component that has been added to the selected equipment can also be removed. This useful for if a component part needs to be replaced with a newer part as part of a service job. Click the Components tab in the equipment record to bring up the records of all component parts. Select the component part that is no longer associated with the equipment and click the "Remove" button. This will bring up the confirmation screen (seen below). Click "OK" to remove the component or click "Cancel" if you selected the wrong component.
Once all component edits have been made, click "Save" to accept the changes and update the equipment record.
Clicking the Materials tab button in the equipment record allows users to specify consumable items required to service a specific piece of equipment for Planned Maintenance Schedules. The items listed in this area are included in the work order that is assigned to the service job. The information can also be used in the generation of Preventive Maintenance Projection reporting.
To specify a new material requirement, complete the following fields:
- Material Groups - Enter the appropriate group code or use the drop-down to select an existing code. Material Group Codes are established during Setup and can be accessed via the Planned Maintenance drop-down in the Setup Menu.
- Item - Enter an Item number or use the drop-down to select an item. The Item can be entered as an inventory Item, a non-inventory item, or as a \C01 comment. When entering comments as an item, each comment must be a unique comment code. For example the first item will be \C01 then the next comment is created as \C02.
- Quantity - Enter the quantity required for the planned maintenance service job.
Item and Quantity are the mandatory fields to fill in when adding materials. Selecting a Material Group will allow you to narrow down the list of Items that is available to you. Click the Add button to save changes.
Important Information: Work Orders must be turned on in the Agreement Type Maintenance in order for the Materials Required to print on the Work Orders.
Relocation of a piece of equipment may need to happen for a variety of reasons. SVCONTHEGO's Equipment Relocation tool allows you to easily track equipment movement and reassign equipment between Sites. The Equipment Relocation tool is pictured below.
Start by selecting the new site that the equipment will be used to. Either input the Site ID number in the 'To Site' field or using the Site Search by clicking the 'Find' button. The 'Find' button will allow you to search by Site Code or Site Name as shown below.
Click 'Select' on the Site you need to move the piece of equipment to. This will fill in the To Site. Next, fill in the Relocated Date. That will be the equipment was moved to it's new Site. You can either manually type in the month, date, and year the equipment was relocated or click the calendar icon and select the correct date on the calendar.
The Equipment Code (EQ Code) will be filled in automatically but you do have the option of updating it if you need to. Click the 'Relocate' button to finalize the relocation process. You will know the relocation was successful if you see the relocated box is checked.
The Documents tab allows you to search and access documents associated with a particular piece of equipment. This can be diagrams, photps, notes from other technicians, service manuals, or a variety of other associated documents.
If you need to add a document, click on the Options drop down and select the Manage Documents. This will open up the Document Management window, seen below.
The Document Management window has the following fields for you to fill out.
- Equipment - This is the name of the piece of equipment. It will be automatically filled in.
- Description - Use this free form field to put more information about the contents of the documents, additional notes, or any other relevant information.
- Select File - Click 'Choose File' to select the document you want to upload to the equipment record. We recommend .pdf format for documents and .png for photos as they provide the best quality.
Once everything is in place, click the 'Upload' button in the Document Management window. Once the file is uploaded, you will see it in your document records.
Allocations allows you to connect an agreement with your selected piece of equipment.
The Job History will show every Job associated with the selected piece of equipment. Can sort by Job Number, WO Number, Transaction Type, Date, and Billing Status.
The Invoices tab will display every Invoice associated with that specific piece of equipment. Invoices can be sorted by: Invoice Number, Date, Non-taxable Income, Taxable Income, Sales Tax amount, and Total invoice amount.